Getting found on the internet, SEO Basics
There are tons of advice and articles out there on how to doSEO for your website. Some for the better, and others that will onlydestroy your ranking because they are obsolete or abusive techniques.Let'ssimplify it into the basics of what both Bing and Google have instructed us to do
Bad SEO Practices
These practices will hinder your SEO and will not be implemented by zBestData, even if asked to do so.
- Sites that are not mobile friendly
- Keyword Stuffing
- Artificial backlinks
- Link exchanges
- Cloaking and "sneaky redirects"
- Multiple websites, pages, domains or subdomains with the same content
- Hidden text and links
- Doorway pages
- Content syndicated or originating from other sites
- Keywords that do not apply
- Automated querries to the search engines
Good SEO Practices
These are the SEO practices that should be followed in accordance to the rules by both Google and Bing.
- Mobile friendly websites with responsive design
- Original content
- Content that flows for the user (Shouldn't read like a novel. keep it short, concise, and to the point.)
- Relevant keywords
- Url and page titles that describe what the page is about
Get it Straight from Google
Where better to get advice one SEO than from those that wrote the rules! Below is from the Google I/O Conference in 2010. In it they review several "Real World Websites" and make their recommendations on how to make corrections and improve their SEO. It's also a non-technical discussion, which makes it even better. It is an hour that is well worth your time.